Friday, May 26, 2006

From Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

So it ended yesterday. I had the final presentation of my project. Now only administrative formalities remain between me and my degree. Its funny that I don't feel much different from yesterday. But as read somewhere, the trick is that you are now a much different person than you were 5 years ago.

The only feeling that I have is a sense of purposelessness. I remember this feeling quite well. The last time it was felt was exactly 5 years ago, when the JEE result was announced. Till the time of admission, I roamed around in a zombie like state, without any sense of purpose in life. Sure there is excitement about future plans, but future plans will be carried out 6-8 weeks from now. There is nothing one can do to change that and there is nothing one can do right now but wait.

Its not a particularly nice feeling. Rather like title of one of Wodehouse's stories - "Jeeves and the Impending Doom". Only Jeeves can be replaced by me :). In a way, this post is a reflection of my aimless wandering mind, which is currently the HQ of "Devil Works Inc", just as the saying goes. So I loads of time to watch tons of movies. I also have time on my hand to attend rallies and demonstrations if I feel like. And slip in some excursions to DU. All in the burning Delhi sun. Which reminds me ... I better enjoy these last few days in this sun. Its not going to be like this in Bangalore :(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home